Searching for resources
You can search for assessment resources by:
Searching by classification
Selecting the classification fields
The search page for each bank contains six classification fields, and a
The classification fields are described in more detail in How
the resources are classified.
Search for assessment resources by using a combination of fields or a single
- Select the strand, mode/objective/contextual strand, level, or resource type from the drop-down menu or tick box(es)
for the resources you would like to find.
Keywords can be selected from a list of available keywords for the classifications
- Click on the Add keywords to search button next to the Keywords field. (This will display a list of all available keywords for
the classifications you have selected).
- To select a single keyword, double-click on the keyword.
- To select multiple keywords, click on the keywords you want to search by
(they will appear in
the Keywords field at the top of the page).
- Click on the Search button.
- A list of available resources for your classification selections will
- These results can then be sorted
to find the resource(s) you require.
information about multiple keywords.
- You can search by any number of
- Widen your search by selecting fewer classification fields, and narrow
your search by selecting more classification fields.
- Search for resources at different levels, e.g., tick the box for level 2 and 3 to
search for resources at both levels.
For classification searching you can type in the logical
not, or) in the keywords page.
For selecting keywords from a list use
the drop-down menu (top left of the list of available keywords). The keyword search is set up to search for resources with
all keywords, unless specified otherwise.
To search for
a single keyword
Resources with "money" as one of the keywords
money and fraction
money & fraction
Resources with "money" and "fraction" as
money or fraction
money | fraction
Resources with "money" or "fraction" as
Resources that do not contain the keyword "money"
include one keyword and exclude another
money and not fraction
money & !fraction
Resources that do contain the keyword "money" but do
not contain the keyword "fraction"
Find out more about boolean
Typing any free-text enables you to locate resources based around a
theme or topic.
- If you are searching across all three banks, click
on the All Banks button under the curriculum
- If you are searching within a curriculum bank, click
on the free-text search link at the beginning
of the search page.
- Select the level(s) of the resource(s) required.
- In the Text field type in the search term
or phrase for your topic, context
or concept that you are searching.
- Click Search.
- A list of available resources for your free-text
search will be displayed.
- The search results give priority when your search
term matches the page title, keywords and description
in the Meta data. Pages that match your search term
within the text of the document only are listed last.
- These search results can then be sorted
in a number of different ways to further locate the
resource(s) you require.
Further information about keyword and free-text searching
Searching multiple keywords
Partial word search
Use the asterisk * for keywords with the same
beginning of the word. For example, in the keyword box,
type key* to return resources with keywords such as key, keyhole,
keyboard, keying, etc.
Searching for a phrase
Use quotation marks to search for a phrase " ". For example,
searching with the phrase, "order of operations" will result in
resources with the exact phrase. Otherwise, without the quotation marks, all resources with the keywords "order"
and "operations" will be displayed.
ways to search for resources
by resource summary
Click on the Resource
summary link on the left menu below the bank button (in each
curriculum area search page).
Click on the underlined numbers to access resources in the table by
strand/objective and level.
Sort results further as required.
Searching for NEMP, PISA, and TIMSS resources
There is a direct link to NEMP, PISA or TIMSS resources on the left menu
below the banks button in each curriculum area search page. Click on
this link to display resources available for NEMP, PISA, or TIMSS.
Searching by resource number
You can also search for a specific resource if you know the resource number.
- In the search page click on the free-text search link, or click
on the All banks button.
- Type in the resource number and click Search.